2011-12 HancockCountySports.com winter broadcast schedule
To listen to the broadcasts, click on the computer.
Note to iPhone/iPad users: download the Justin.tv app from the App Store and subscribe to the HancockCountySports channel.
- Friday 11/18: GIRLS BASKETBALL: Rushville at Mt. Vernon, 7:10 p.m.
- Wednesday 11/23: BOYS BASKETBALL Centerville at Eastern Hancock, 7:10 p.m.
- Saturday 11/26: BOYS BASKETBALL: New Palestine at New Castle, 7:10 p.m.
- Tuesday 11/30: GIRLS BASKETBALL: Shelbyville at Greenfield-Central, 7:10 p.m.
- Friday 12/2: BOYS BASKETBALL: Hamilton SE at Mt. Vernon, 7:10 p.m.
- Saturday 12/3: GIRLS BASKETBALL: Pendleton Heights at Mt. Vernon, 2:10 p.m.
- Friday 12/9: GIRLS/BOYS BASKETBALL: Greenfield-Central at New Palestine, 5:40 p.m.
- Thursday 12/15: GIRLS BASKETBALL: Mt. Vernon at New Palestine, 7:10 p.m.
- Friday 12/16: GIRLS/BOYS BASKETBALL: Knightstown at Eastern Hancock, 5:40 p.m.
- Wednesday 12/21: BOYS BASKETBALL: New Palestine at Beech Grove, 7:10 p.m.
- Tuesday 12/27: BOYS/GIRLS BASKETBALL: County finals from Mt. Vernon, 5:40 p.m.
- Thursday 12/29: GIRLS BASKETBALL: Mt. Vernon in Hall of Fame Classic (vs. Penn, 11:15 a.m., Conso/Championship 5:40 or 7:10 p.m.)
- Friday 1/6: BOYS BASKETBALL: Mt. Vernon at Greenfield-Central, 7:10 p.m.
- Tuesday 1/10: GIRLS BASKETBALL: New Palestine at Greenwood, 7:10 p.m.
- Thursday 1/12: GIRLS BASKETBALL: Triton Central at New Palestine, 7:10 p.m.
- Friday 1/13: BOYS BASKETBALL: Pendleton Heights at New Palestine, 7:10 p.m.
- Thursday 1/19: BOYS BASKETBALL: Knightstown at Mt. Vernon, 7:10 p.m.
- Friday 1/20: GIRLS BASKETBALL: Mt. Vernon at Greenfield-Central, 7:10 p.m.
- Friday 1/27: BOYS BASKETBALL: New Palestine at Yorktown, 7:10 p.m.
- Saturday 1/28: BOYS BASKETBALL: Eastern Hancock at Greenfield-Central, 7:10 p.m.
- Friday 2/3: BOYS BASKETBALL: Shelbyville at New Palestine, 7:10 p.m.
- Friday 2/3: GIRLS BASKETBALL: North Central at Mt. Vernon, 7:10 p.m.
- Thursday 2/9: BOYS BASKETBALL: Triton Central at Eastern Hancock, 7:10 p.m.
- Friday 2/10: GIRLS BASKEBALL: Sectional semifinal, TBA
- Saturday 2/11: GIRLS BASKETBALL: Sectional final, 7:10 p.m.
- Friday 2/17: BOYS BASKETBALL: New Palestine at Mt. Vernon, 7:10 p.m.
- Tuesday 2/21: BOYS BASKETBALL: Eastern Hancock at Morristown, 7:10 p.m.
- Friday 2/24: BOYS BASKETBALL: Mt. Vernon at Yorktown, 7:10 p.m.
- Friday 3/2: BOYS BASKETBALL: Sectional semifinal, TBA
- Saturday 3/3: BOYS BASKETBALL: Sectional final, 7:10 p.m.
About CrossCom Sports Network
CCSN began in 2008 as the brainchild of Andrew Smith and the late Tim Adams. Andrew and Tim were veterans of high school sports in several areas -- as coaches, reporters, Web designers and broadcasters. From the beginning, our mission has been to serve high school sports with professional, high-energy play-by-play and expert commentary that promotes our community's student-athletes.
When we began in 2008, Andrew and Tim had been broadcasting together for two years in various venues -- a Metropolitan Interscholastic Conference Game of the Week, Center Grove football and the Indiana North-South All-Star Classic for Comcast cable and Hamilton Heights, Tipton and Sheridan games for WJCY-FM. However, both called Hancock County home and believed strongly in bringing professionally-broadcast live sports to their home community for the first time in nearly 30 years.
CCSN's first webcast went online in August 2008, the opening of the Indiana Football Show. Since, CCSN has broadcast games from throughout Hancock County, the Hoosier Heritage Conference and Central Indiana in many different sports.
- Promote your business to a booming audience -- advertise with us for a very affordable rate!
- Broadcast many different kinds of sports.
- Cover your sport or team on the Web -- both on-air and in print.
- Create and offer podcasts.
- Create an event broadcast just for you. We have the equipment and announcers to work "for hire," and we would love to broadcast your game, race or other event. Please contact Andrew Smith for info.
Andrew Smith is the owner of CCSN and the lead play-by-play announcer for football and boys basketball games, as well as other sporting events. He is also the content editor for HancockCountySports.com. He is a veteran of Hancock County athletics, having been a sports reporter and sports editor for the Daily Reporter in Greenfield from 1998-2006. Since, he has been a broadcaster, coach and freelance reporter. Smith has broadcast the IHSAA State Finals in boys basketball, girls basketball and football for various radio and online stations. He also called the play-by-play for the statewide broadcast of the North-South All-Star Football Classic for Indiana Cable Network in 2007. Smith has broadcast for WTIU-TV in Bloomington, WBIW-AM in Bedford, Regional Radio Sports Network, Comcast Cable and the Indiana Cable Network. An award-winning journalist, he has been published in many newspapers and magazines, including the Greencastle Banner-Graphic, Daily Reporter, Crawfordsville Journal-Review, Terre Haute Tribune-Star, Indianapolis Star website, Indiana Football Digest, Hoosier Basketball Magazine and more. Along with Tim Adams, he helped start CCSN in 2008. By day, Smith is a social studies and journalism teacher at New Palestine High School, where he also has served as an assistant girls basketball coach and currently serves as the school's Sports Information Director. He is a graduate of Pike High School and holds a bachelor's degree from Indiana University and a master's degree from Indiana Wesleyan Univeristy. A resident of Greenfield, Andrew is married to his wife of 10 years, Anne, and has one son. He also an active member of Brandywine Community Church in Greenfield.
Chris Lambert joined CCSN in the 2008-09 basketball season, and serves as a versatile analyst, broadcat host and play-by-play person. He serves as the lead announcer for girls basketball and volleyball broadcasts. Chris is a veteran, enthusiastic announcer who is an integral part of the CCSN team. Prior to joining CCSN, he was an announcer with WBIW in Bedford, hosting daily programs in addition to providing play-by-play and analysis for Bedford-North Lawrence High School basketball games. Chris has called several boys and girls basketball State Finals during his tenure with WBIW. He is a graduate of Bedford-North Lawrence High School and Indiana University. Chris currently resides in Fishers.
Mike Jackson joined CCSN in the 2011 football season and serves as the football analyst. Mike uses nearly three decades of playing and coaching experience to provide expert commentary for our football broadcats. Mike coached at his alma mater on staffs led by Marvin Shepler, Doug Armstrong and Tim Able, and brings his excitement and knowledge of the game into the booth each Friday night. Mike is a resident of New Palestine. Mike and wife Tina have three children -- daughters Megan and Erin, both of whom are volleyball coaches at New Palestine, and were standout volleyball and softball players at NPHS -- and son Brett, who is currently playing baseball at Marian University.
In memory: Tim Adams
Tim Adams was a friend to many. He loved people, and he loved to serve others. He founded CCSN in 2008, and was the visionary behind its new ventures. He coached football for more than 20 years -- the last 17 of them at Mt. Vernon, where he also taught social studies. He also was a coach on Eastern Hancock's 1985 state championship team. He also served as the teaching minister of Orange Christian Church in Orange, Ind. for 11 years, and had ministered at Shiloh Christian Church before then. He tirelessly promoted high school football through The Gridiron Digest, the website he created that is one of the nation's largest online high school football communities, with more than 7,000 subscribers. He also did so through his affiliations with Scout.com and the Indiana Football Digest, and did so through his broadcasting career that included appearances on the Indiana Cable Network, Comcast Cable and Regional Radio Sports Network, in addition to CCSN. Tim was a devoted husband, father and grandfather, and a friend. Tim left this earth in June 2010, but he will never be far from our hearts.